Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog Assignment 1- The U.S. and Nuclear Weapons

On Friday we covered a current event in class over the rising tensions between Iran and the United States. Iran claims it is planning to enrich Uranium to make nuclear energy but the U.S. believes it intends to make nuclear weapons. For more information on the current situation and on Iran click on the links below. There is also a list of terms to remember also.
We used this topic to lead into our first formal debate of the year. The question we debated in class today was, "Should the U.S. be able to tell other countries they should not have nuclear weapons.?"  I hope everyone was able to give their own opinion but also be open enough to listen to the opinions of others. Your assignment is to write a 3-5 sentence comment on this post. Your comment should include your final opinion to the question above and why you believe that. Remember to be respectful and honor one another's thoughts. Also space and write your full name under every comment you leave. Your comments are due by class on Thursday.

Article I

13 comments:

  1. i think we dont have the right beacause they havnt provn to us that they are responsible for the factory preston Beavers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the U.S. should be able to tell other countries that they should not have nuclear weapons because countries like Iran support terrorism and they might attack the U.S. or their neighboring countries. Also the U.S. has nuclear weapons which act as a deterrent to other countries. If a lot of countries had nuclear weapons then they would be more inclined to use them.

    Chase Neblett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,the U.S. should be able to tell Iran that they should not be able to use these nuclear weapons. Because if Iran gets these dangerous weapons in their hand ,they might kill us and many innocent people because of where they live and what they believe and that is not fair. But no, I wish the United States didn't have the responsibility of the world and holding other countries responsible for their actions and decisions.
    Johanna Hixson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,the US has the right to tell other countries that they can not have nuclear weapons.But it would not be fair so should't the other countries have the right to have them?NO,they should not because first of all the US has an huge Army.Second of all the US is one of the biggest countries in the world and third of all if everyone has nuclear weapons then everyone will be in troble so do you understand me????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think the US has the rights to tell the other countries that building nuclear weapons is not allowed.I think they have the rights, because they could use the nuclear weapons on us.So if they were still allowed we must be watching them at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no i dont think that we have the right to tell other countries what to do. the us alone alot to deal with the goverment being in the state its in.

    -nic recasens:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, the US should not have the right to tell other countries what to do. If we gave other countries nuclear powers we would have to watch them to see how they use it. Other countries should have the right to do whatever their government decides.
    Brooks Bell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan Antona
    Yes, The United States should be able to tell other countries not to have nuclear weapons. The U.S has nuclear weapons to use to defend ourselves. It is our responsibility to protect ourselves and smaller counties as well. If some other countries want to use nuclear weapons they would be able to destroy us all with the touch of a button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that the U.S. should be able to tell them what to do (since we are apart of the world peace program), just not to tell them they can't have nuclear weapons. Either that, or just ban Nuclear weapons everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I think the US should not tell other countries what to do. I also think that Iran should not have nuclear power plants. I am on the US' side that Iran should not have nuclear power. The US should not have to be responsible for all the other counries. sarah elliott

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think America should not tell other countries what to do. But I do think America should keep an Eye on Iran's Nuclear Power Plants. America does not have the right to say that another contry can't have Nuclear Power because America has Nuclear Power.

    - Charlotte Hartman

    ReplyDelete
  12. America should not be able to tell other countries what to do. I think that we should watch how each other uses nuclear power. Nuclear power for weapons is not good. Nuclear power used for energy is good. We just have to try to agree in how it is used and watch each other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think America should be able to tell Iran whether they can have nuclear weapons or not since we are a peace keeping country. Iran has proven to not be trustworthy. Plus, they have been known to support terrorism. I think it is safer for everyone if Iran doesn't have nuclear plants.

    ~ Kendall Chapman

    ReplyDelete