Monday, April 18, 2011

Blog Assignment 7- The Outcome of the Civil War

This blog assignment is purely an opinion question but I want you to take some time to really think about it before you answer. Today in class we began discussing the battles and events of the Civil War. We learned about how at the Battle of Antietam Robert E. Lee's plans were discovered which kept him from taking Washington D.C. and ending the war. This is just one example in the many turn of events that could have changed the outcome of the Civil War. In at least 5 sentences I want you to tell me how our country's history might have been different if the South had won the Civil War. Think about what happened as a result of the war: the end of slavery and Lincoln's assassination are just two things to consider. So put some thought into your answer. Don't forget to put your name and class period at the end of your post.

7 comments:

  1. If the south won then the country would be separated. Also there would be slavery and there would be the rebels and the confederacy. Also there would be two flags. Lincoln might not be assassinated because he might not of been disliked . It would of been different if the south won. The freedom we have today may of not been ours.


    BROOKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the South won America would be split up as the Confederate States of America and the United States of Ameria. Also there would probably still be slavery. I think Lincoln would still have gotten assasinated. America's government would also be alot different. They would probably get into a war again becase there were other unclaimed states.

    1st period Charlotte Hartman

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the South won then we would split up from the Union and the confederate states. also then there will be slavery for the South . I think the two would go to war again but for another reason. It could be bad for the president because the South could overcome him.I think the president would still be killed.

    Jordan Luu

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the South won the Civil War, America would be split up into different countries. Every advantage for the North was needed because they didn't start winning until the end of the war. We know that the Union wouldn't have slavery and I don't think the Confederacy would either. Technology would eventually reach the South and there wouldn't be a need for slaves anymore. I also don't think President Lincoln would have been assassinated because John Wilks Booth would not have been angry with the North.

    Kendall Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the South had won, then America would be split up into to two different countries.There would also still be slavery going on today. I think that the two would of gone to war again if the South had won, because the North really wants to end slavery. I think that President Lincoln would of still been assassinated even if the South won. Today America would be a lot different if the South had won the Civil War.

    Johanna Hixson

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the south won the battle then the U.S.A would split and would go into another battle to get back in them back in the U.S.A again. There will still be slavery and there will be less in the united states of america. I think that Lincoln would be assassinated even if the south won.

    Ryan Antona

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the South had won the Civil than slavery would have still been going on. Abraham Lincoln tried to not end slavery just keep the free states free. But when the North won I think that Abraham Lincoln was happy because the south was not slave states any more.

    1st Period
    Chase Neblett

    ReplyDelete